Boat and Personal Watercraft in Texas
Float easy knowing your Haley Insurance Agency, Inc. specialized boat insurance policy is just right for your boat or personal watercraft. Just like automobile insurance, we make boat insurance easy and affordable. Ask about discounts for bundling your policies! Finding a great boat insurance in The Woodlands, TX is as easy as calling Haley Insurance.
Boat Insurance Options
Being an independent agent means we represent many carriers for a boat insurance policy! There are coverage options abound and you can get specialized coverage, such as Roadside Assistance, On-Water Towing, Total Loss Replacement and more.
Ask for a Boat Insurance Quote Today!
A Haley Insurance Agency, Inc. agent will assess your coverage needs and wade through the many options available, presenting you with the best for your needs and budget.
Boat insurance covers a wide range of boats from personal watercraft to sailboats, fishing vessels to drift boats, no specialized policy needed! Ask your Haley Insurance Agency, Inc. agent about a quote!
Looking for Motorcycle Insurance? We sell that too!
Haley Insurance Agency, Inc. will work hard to ensure you’re covered on the water and that your coverage needs are met. Give us a call today at (281) 364-7888 to start a quote. When shopping for boat insurance in Texas, there are some things you should keep in mind.
- Navigational Area: Many companies offer protection that covers you up to 75 miles from the U.S. coastline, into Canadian coastal or inland waters and into the Pacific coastal waters of Mexico. Some companies offer additional options for further navigation. Inquire today!
- Agreed Value Coverage: Boat and personal watercraft depreciate over time; it’s a fact. Having your watercraft insured at actual cash value can make it difficult to replace a boat that’s been stolen or destroyed. Agreed value coverage means that if your boat is a total loss you will get the value you insured it for, minus your deductible. Don’t depend on a homeowner’s policy to insure a boat. Ask an agent about a specialized boat policy for your boat.
- Liability: Personal liability coverage provides coverage to you for damaging other boaters if you’re found to be at fault for an accident on the water. This coverage pays to repair or replace their property as well as any medical care, lost wages and other costs resulting from the accident.
- Medical Payments: Medical payments coverage will cover your or your passenger’s medical bills as a result of an accident on the water. The coverage limits vary and covers you, your passengers and even your water skiers/tubers while being pulled behind your boat, regardless of fault.
- Physical Damage Coverage: Physical damage coverage is available and pays to repair or replace your watercraft, its motor, any permanently attached equipment and your trailer, if it is damaged during a covered loss or stolen.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Watercraft Bodily Injury: Many boaters choose not to get insurance. If you are hit by an uninsured or underinsured boater and you are injured, this type of coverage pays for medical treatment, lost wages and other costs. Ask an agent today about UM/UMBI coverage for your boat today!
- Fuel Spill Liability and Wreckage Removal: In the very unfortunate event that your boat should sink or be damaged on the water, there is a possibility of a fuel leak. As the boat’s owner you are liable to clean this fuel up, which can be very time consuming and expensive. Ensure that your boat policy covers you for fuel spill liability and wreckage removal.
- Personal Effects: Your watercraft policy can provide coverage for many personal effects such as clothes, cell phones and fishing equipment that are on your boat. Make sure you’re properly insured on the water by talking to one of our qualified insurance agents today.
- Emergency Assistance: The Emergency Assistance Package provides coverage for towing, labor and delivery of gas, oil or loaned battery if the watercraft is disabled while on the water.
More coverage is available. A Haley Insurance Agency, Inc. agent will go over all coverages with you so you can make an informed decision about what coverages are right for you.
Keeping Boat Insurance Afloat in the Off Season
Summer is over, and you’ve taken your boat out of the water. To save a few dollars, you cancel your boat insurance. After all, what could possibly happen to your baby while it’s hibernating? A lot, according to Progressive.
“You’d be shocked at the number of claims filed in colder months,” says Dominic Mediate of Progressive. “Nearly two out of every 10 Progressive boat claims filed in northern states happen between Labor Day and Memorial Day.”
Don’t gamble that nothing bad will happen. Common off-season claims include:
Fire, Theft, Vandalism and Flooding — Most claims are filed for one of these reasons, which can occur anytime of year. Without coverage, boats damaged by fire, theft, vandalism or flooding aren’t protected.
Injuries that Occur on or Around Your Boat — Some boaters don’t realize they could be responsible for injuries that occur on or around their boat — even if the injured person was there illegally. Without liability coverage, you could be responsible for the damages or the injured person’s medical bills.
Keeping your policy all year round might also save you a few bucks. For example, Progressive’s disappearing deductibles reduce your Comprehensive and Collision deductible 25 percent for every claim-free policy period. Four policy periods in a row without a claim equals a $0 deductible.
Canceling your policy could mean paying more or the entire deductible, generally $500 or $1,000.
Check your policy and consult with your independent insurance agent before making any decisions.